Monday, December 1, 2014

A Peek At My Week

11/24/14
Aish, Athi River is treating me nicely.  Blessing are sana lately.  We were able to schedule 5 people for baptism this week, which makes me quite happy.   A 17 year old who wants to go on a mission, he is boss, and 18 year who wants to go on a mission, she is my homie,  A 13 year old who has already been coming to church for like 2 years, so we decided she needs to be baptized.  A woman whose husband is less active but she has decided to get baptized and she wants to be sealed to her husband and her new born child.   And another woman who decided to be baptized.  I'm so pumped.  I am excited for the coming weeks.

This week I had the "50 Nifty United States" song stuck in my head the whole week.  Aish, I miss that place kabisa.  My appreciation for the USA has grown so much since I have been here.  We are lucky, I tell you.

Aish, we had stake conference yesterday and we were able to hear from Elder Bednar and Uchtdorf via video broadcast, it was pretty cool.  They talked about eliminating the "Dowry" or "Bride Price".  That is common thing here in Africa, giving a cow for your wife or something.  They told the members to discontinue the practice, which is good because now I don't have to pay for my future African wife:)  Only a joke (ha ha)

Thank you all for being my pals and emailing me so much.

Happy Holidays doe

Elder B Rad

No comments:

Post a Comment