Thursday, January 22, 2015

Emergency Transfer

01/19/15

My week was very interesting.  I was emergency transferred to Kayole.  Remember I told you about my meeting with President Hicken on Tuesday?  Well, he told me that I would be packing my stuff on Wednesday morning and that I would be going to be serving as a Zone Leader in Kayole!  I was very surprised.  So I am now in Kayole (Which is near Nairobi) with a new companion Elder Hlatshwayo.  He goes home on Feb 1st so as us missionaries call it, I am "killing" him.  Aish, but my apartment is super nice.  It is a 3 bedroom 2 bath with granite countertops, a big huge bath tub, balcony's in the fron and the back (which is nice because I can watch the sun rise and the sun set) and my bed is extremely comfortable.  We are also like a 2 minute walk from the 3rd biggest mall in Kenya, so yes, we are living the high life.  I can go to the supermarket called Tusky's.  NO BUSH FOR ME! yet...hahaha.  I am pumped to be Zone Leader though.  I have been serving as District Leader since April, and it was time for a change.  I am excited to be in this area, we have 3 people with baptismal dates for February, so it should be good.


No comments:

Post a Comment