Monday, March 30, 2015

Kenyuh

This week was interesting.  We were able to teach 50 lesson, the most I have taught in one week on my entire mission.  Things are going well in Kayole.   We met this guy who is the owner of an orphanage in Soweto, so we are teaching all of the kids there and we have 25 investigators with a baptismal date because of it.  the kids range from 10-16.  They are pretty fun to be with and they are obsessed with my arm hair., like all of the other children in Kenya.  They are my friends.

It was raining all week, so the temperature was in the 60's.  It was great.  It felt good to be able to get a break from all of the sunshine.  However, rain means EXTREMELY muddy roads.  So we walked around proselyting and all of my pants and shoes are now covered in mud.  I am not looking forward to washing them tonight.  I need some rain boots.

The confirmation of Brother Julius and Brother Epaphras happened yesterday.  I was able to stand in on the the ordinance.  The bishop gave a powerful blessing after the receiving the Holy Ghost.  It was so powerful that Brother Julius started to cry.  That was the first time that I have seen a Kenyan man cry.  It was very humbling and in that moment,  I was filled with that feeling, (you know what feeling I am talking about!)

Elder Bradford
 Brother Ephaphras Baptism
 Muthiani Family (He was reunited with them for Stake Conference.  They are from his old area Athi River.
Solange and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment