Monday, July 13, 2015

Safari

We had a good PDAY today, Elder and Sister Shakespeare (Senior couple) took me and my companion to the Nairobi National Park.  It was my first real "Safari."  I felt like a tourist, it was weird.  However, it was one of the most memorable days of my mission, mostly because of the sheer fun and the great friends.:)

We fed a monkey.  It was coming right up to the care and we gave it some carrots.  (Dave Bradford..insert a joke about how I am also a monkey joke here.)

We saw a ton of giraffes!  They were fighting each other.  Hitting necks back and forth and causing all kinds of ruckus,.  Go look at it on youtube.

We didn't see any lions, but we did see them in captivity afterwards at the animal orphanage.  It was pretty fun day.

As far as the work of the Lord is concerned.  We are consecrating ourselves to it.  We have already sacrifices so much and not it is time to consecrate our lives, choices and efforts to the Lord's work.

Elder Bradford

No comments:

Post a Comment