Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Family and Friends 10/31/15

I have been pretty lazy on these weekly emails, However, the Spirit prompted me to send out this one!  So, here we go.  Buckle Up.

Well, I scratched the mission vehicle a little bit. Nothing a little buffing can't fix!  It wasn't really my fault though, I just blame it on the essence of Nairobi.  We did have a good week though.  This week we have MLC and we are going to KILUNGU HILLS (the bush)!  Yes, that is right.  I am leaving Nairobi for the first time in my mission. :)  MLC should be super powerful.  we are going to watch a talk from Elder Holland, it will be nice.  We are also meeting with Elder Ellis tonight, we might go to dinner with him.  That is a member of the Seventy in case you didn't know.  We are continuing to teach Olivier and his family.  They are super powerful.  We had a baptism last Sunday, we have a baptism tomorrow and we are having one next Sunday.  The work of the Lord is progressing in Kenya, that's for sure!

The other day I was reading in Matthew 3 about Jesus' baptism.  I had a super spiritual experience when I realized this powerful teaching.  Jesus 1.  Fulfilled all righteousness 2.  Received the Spirit in the form of a dove 3.  Heard a voice from heaven (God).  IMAGINE THE INFLUENCE OF THE SPIRIT DURING THAT TIME.  It must have been amazing.  I am sure everyone there had the Holy Spirit engulf their heart.  I can't imagine.  The baptism of the Son of God, oh how I wish I could have been there to experience it.  IMAGINE HOW JESUS FELT.  I am sure that it was so influential  on His mortal mission, that it overall helped Him to fulfill His calling and His purposed in this life.  I imagine He felt like He was doing the will of the His father, which He was.  he himself and everyone else heard the voice of God.  That event proves to me the reality of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Then I read chapter 4.  Right after the mega Spiritual experience, JESUS is tempted.  Right after.  He didn't get a chance to thrive on the feeling or even think about the covenant.  he was tempted by the devil immediately.  However, He stayed true to the covenant that He made.  He didn't give in.  One of the things I learned from this is that we may have a super powerful experience, but the temptation will never stop.  We all need to learn how to remember, rekindle and re-encounter those Spiritual experiences during the time of temptation.

That's what I learned this week.  Here are some photos!  Write me back pls.



No comments:

Post a Comment