Tuesday, November 24, 2015

November 21, 2015

Hi Mom,

Sorry I didn't get enough time to email yesterday.  This week is transfers, so things are pretty busy around here.

We went to Spur Steak House with President last night.  It was very yummy.  We are doing well in our area.  We are teaching a family from Burundi and they will be getting baptized on this coming Sunday.  There is also another family that we are teaching.  I wrote you a handwritten letter about them so I don't want to tell you about them right now.  The rumor has it that Riruta is the strongest ward in the country, and I believe it because we had over 170 people at sacrament meeting last week.  It is super powerful.  We don't get too much time to proselyte because of all the things with office work and such, but we are trying our best to fulfill our purpose, that's for sure.

My companion, Elder Makau, is a super good guy.  He is very humble.  He is from the same tribe as Stephen, so they both speak kikamba!  Watindata! Nesa!  Ha ha.  We are having a lot of fun out here.  This is his last transfer and after he goes home, it will be my last transfer, so we are sprinting to the end!

Oh, I will be sending you another person from Kenya!  Her name is Misty Thompson, she is planning to live here in the future and she came to check things out and to buy a house.  I think she is from Tooele, but I am not sure.  I will send her with some gifts and some other things.  She is a very nice lady.  If you get a chance, please let her experience the beauty and majesty of Lucky 5 Chinese Restaurant.  Soon I will be sending myself home.

Elder Bradford




No comments:

Post a Comment