Monday, December 21, 2015

Dear 6th ward: (December 12th, 2015)

Merry Christmas Spanish Fork 6th ward friends and family!  I hope you have a happy new year as well.  I decided I would write you all a letter and thank you for all of the support you have given me throughout the years.  This time of year I feel especially grateful for the influence that all of you had on me throughout my childhood and young adult life, it sure paid off!  The purpose of this letter is to say thank you, I love you and to help you feel the Spirit.

I don't want to write to you today about Christmas, although I am tempted to do so.  I don't want to inform you about the "True Meaning of Christmas" either, because the church already released a video about that, if you haven't seen it, buy a smart phone and you'll come across it.  I am sure.  I do, however want to write to you about the true meaning of the true meaning of Christmas.

As I sit in the Kenya Nairobi Mission Office and type you this letter, I stare at a picture of the Christus statue in the visitors center at Temple Square, and a multitude of thoughts and words about the Savior and His Atonement dash about my mind.  I am thankful for it, I love it and I love celebrating it.  The true meaning of Christmas is the Savior.  The true meaning of the true meaning of Christmas is his Atonement.  The purpose of the Atonement is not only to help us become clean, but it helps us to stay clean.  It not only forgives our sins, but it can prevent us from sinning.  The ultimate purpose of the Atonement is to make God's glory a reality, which is to "bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."  My testimony is simple but sure.  He will help us, He will lift us, He will succor us, He will save us.  He is the Savior, Redeemer of our souls, whose almighty hand hath made me whole.  He can make you whole as well.

Merry Christmas!.  See you soon!  :)

Elder Bradford

No comments:

Post a Comment