Thursday, January 7, 2016

12/28/15

The other day Brenda was confirmed as a member of the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, so that was powerful.  She is a good person.  I have really enjoyed teaching her and watching her change her life and put it in line with God and His teachings.  That is something that I will never take for granted as I serve a mission.  Watching people change their lives.  It has made me realize that it is possible to do so and it is worth it.  Really, helping people to change their lives has helped me to change mine.  One day i will meet with Brenda in the Celestial Kingdom and we will have a good ol chat about he good ol days when we were together in Riruta, both human beings and both trying to be better.

The past couple of weeks have been really busy for me, mostly because of Zone Conference and Christmas.  I went to Tanzania.  We have to organize everything that is happening, where people will sleep, what they will eat, where they will go etc.  So it has been interesting adn the time has gone by really fast.  We had a Christmas Party and Santa came!  We had a gift exchange at said party and we had a lot of food (BBQ Chicken) which was a real treat.  It was a lot of fun and a good way to spend my last Christmas on my mission.  The best part was Face Timing all of you of course!  I hope you all had a good Christmas and I hope you will have a good New Year!

As I reach mission maturity, I think back on the things that I have learned over the past two years.  They of course can't all be written here but they should not be overlooked in their importance.  I can definitely say that I have laid a foundation for the lives of others and for myself as well.  A foundation that will not fall, a foundation that will not crack and a foundation that is true.  Mission is the best thing ever!  Blaine, you better get ready and Mom and Dad, you should go on a couple mission to Kenya.  That would be pretty cool!

I hope to see you all soon, and I hope to not only see you but I hope I see that you are living the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the fullest.  That will make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment